Top Ten Tips for New Year 7 Pupils
- Making Friends - Smile at people, get involved, join clubs - remember, everyone feels the same.
- Map of the School - Keep the map that is in the student handbook, it will come in useful.
- Getting Lost - Older girls are always helpful and friendly and will show you where to go.
- Being Late - Leave yourself plenty of time to get to school in the morning, and in-between lessons.
- Practice your journey to School - If you practice your bus route beforehand, you will know exactly how long it takes.
- Phones - The school has a strict no mobile phones policy. Mobiles may be brought to school but may not be used at all on school site.
- Homework - Be organised and write down any homework that is set in your planner in detail, so when you get home, you know exactly what you have to do and when it is due to be handed in. You can also log into Show my Homework to see homework that has been set. Password information will be sent out in September.
- Get plenty of sleep - School is tiring, you will be exhausted if you have not had a good night's sleep.
- Don't worry - Don't stress about the little things, they are never as bad as they seem.
- Have fun - Making new friends and facing new challenges is all part of the experience of Secondary School. So, enjoy it.
Homework clubs are one of the variety of methods we use to enable students to work independently.
Years 7 & 8 Homework Club
The Years 7 & 8 Homework Club is now running on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 3:00-4:00 p.m. each week. This is a drop-in club with Year 10 helpers as well and takes place in the Library (LRC). All Years 7 & 8 students are welcome and we would love to see you there!
The School Newsletter
The School Newsletter is available to download through our Newsletters page. This newsletter contains all the goings-on at CHSFG involving our staff and students over the last term.