Nut Aware School

A significant and growing number of students in school have an allergic reaction to nuts and whilst most allergic reactions are not life threatening, some can lead to a more severe reaction known as “anaphylaxis” with potentially life threatening consequences.

To protect those students and staff who experience severe nut allergies, we are requesting the support of students, parents, carers and staff with the following:

  • No nuts or nut based products to be brought into school by students and staff
  • No consumption of nuts or nut-based products in school (e.g. almonds, walnuts, pecans, cashews, pistachios, peanuts, peanut butter etc.)

We will be communicating this message to students and staff this January and will issue regular reminders. 

To see the full letter regarding 'Nut Awareness' click here