- Make sure you check if plastics are recyclable - Ruby, Year 7
- Keep plants in your tutor room, they are great for the environment and they look nice - Catherine, Year 7
- Bring a refillable water bottle to school instead of buying plastic bottles from the canteen - Jacinda, Year 7
- Pick your litter up off the floor and use the bins provided - Gabriella, Year 8
Vegan Lemon Loaf Cake
Needed: - 1 loaf tin - lemon juicer/ zester - baking parchment
Ingredients: - 100ml vegetable oil or sunflower oil - 275g self-raising flour - 200g caster sugar - 1tsp baking powder - 1 lemon - optional poppy seeds, or blueberries
Icing: - 150g icing sugar - ½ lemon juiced
1. Heat oven to gas mark 6, and line loaf tin with baking parchment.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, and lemon zest in a bowl (zest of ½ lemon)
3. Add oil, lemon juice (1/2 juiced) and 170ml water and mix until smooth
4. Add in extra ingredients, for example poppy seeds (3 tbsp) or blueberries.
5. Bake for 30 mins, and wait until a skewer comes out clean, transfer cake to drying rack to cool fully.
6. For icing, sieve icing sugar into a bowl and mix in lemon juice so the icing is thick and can pour over the loaf.